|Cemetery:||KARASOULI MILITARY CEMETERY, Greece|
|Location:||The cemetery is near the town of Polikastron
(formerly Karastouli) which lies some 56 kilometres from Thessalonika,
between the River Vardas and the South end of Lake Ardzan, in the
Department of Pellis. The cemetery is on the road to Kalinova on the
edge of the village, behind the football stadium.
|Historical Information:||The original cemetery was started in September, 1916, for the use of Casualty Clearing Stations on the Doiran front. It contained about 500 graves, and adjoined a Franco Italian Military Cemetery. It was greatly increased after the Armistice by the removal to it of the British graves from three Military Cemeteries which could not be maintained-those of Hadzi Bari Mah (moved in April, 1919), Caussica (moved in November, 1920) and Kalinova (moved in December, 1920).|
Back to War Dead List